Complementary & Alternative Modalities
Caring for the Whole Person: Body, Mind & Spirit
In addition to providing traditional, Western medical care, Brookside Rehabilitation & Wellness offers an array of complementary and alternative healthcare services including massage, Chinese Medicine, Aromatherapy, Reiki, and Reflexology. We also employ a spiritual services provider to serve support patients’ spiritual needs.
- Massage – Massage brings the power of conscious touch to awaken the body and soul, thereby reducing stress and anxiety, calming the nervous system, and improving circulation.
- Chinese Medicine – Chinese Medicine, including acupuncture, is commonly used for relaxation, pain management, and immune support.
- Aromatherapy – Clinical aromatherapy provides an aromatic influence commonly used to reduce agitation and anxiety. Aromatherapy also supports the immune system and promotes healthy skin quality.
- Reflexology – Reflexology is an alternative form of applying gentle pressure to points on the feet, promoting relaxation and a healthier balance of the body’s systems.
- Spiritual Wellness – Through the power of compassionate listening, companionship, and prayer (as requested), Brookside Rehabilitation & Wellness provides a strong and impactful spiritual support program to assist patients through challenges in their lives.